From 26th December to 10th January 2016, an advertising campaign about ScreenLine® will be on air on Italy’s RAI2 channel.
The new standard EN 13120:2014 on cord safety has come into force. It mandates manufacturing and trading companies of shading systems for interiors to meet specific requirements in terms of safety in the products they sell.
The safety solutions required by law are aimed at eliminating, as far as possible, any risk of strangulation for children and people with limited mental capacity.
Pellini has quickly adjusted its products to comply with the new legislation, and equipped the ScreenLine®"C" cord-operated models with:
- a patented automatic cord release system under an applied weight of no less than 6 kg
- a cord tensioner, to avoid the formation of hazardous cord loops
- length of operating cords in compliance with the new standard Download the file
- information sticker, to be used as a reminder of possible risks for the final user of the product; the IG manufacturers and window fitters are obliged to attach the sticker onto the glass unit
Download the file
- information tab, fitted into the cord loop Download the file, to be used as a reminder of possible risks for the final user of the product; the IG manufacturers and window fitters are obliged to keep the tab applied on the cord loop
New obligations for cord/chain blind fitters
IG manufacturer and window fitters are obliged by law to:
- be acquainted with the new standard
- order and install the ScreenLine safety devices according to the instructions provided.
All the players in the commercial framework, from the manufacturer to the processor and the fitter, are concerned and jointly liable for safety: it's no use pleading ignorance of the law!
We are pleased to inform you that Pellini SpA has designed, engineered, patented and, from today, launched into the marketplace a new integrated blind system with manual raising and tiling function: ScreenLine® SL20S venetian.
SL20S venetian is simple.
A magnetic slider, placed on the right or left-hand edge of the glass, allows the slats to be raised and tilted. The external slider "logically" moves in the same direction as the blind operating direction. The blind is raised and lowered by moving the slider up or down and is tilted by slightly lifting or lowering the same slider.
SL20S venetian is comfortable.
The blind moves simply and smoothly owing to the patent-pending internal cord winding system and closed-loop belt transmission, which considerably reduce the blind friction and ensure safety and long lifespan.
SL20S venetian is versatile.
The system can be applied to all types of window frames, even sliding ones, owing to the small thickness of the control device.
SL20S venetian is economical.
Equipped with warm edge spacer bar as standard profiles and with a plastic side profile, it offers high energy performances and, consequently, savings on heating and air conditioning costs.
SL20S venetian is safe.
Being part of the home furniture category, SL20S venetian has been engineered to meet the requirements of the European standards in force for child safety.
SL20S venetian is hygienic.
The external magnetic slider is treated with the Sanitized® patented antibacterial finish using silver ions as biocidal substance, which provides a long-lasting protective and hygienic function.
SL20S venetian is good-looking.
The system has been developed in co-operation with professional designers.
Pellini SpA has developed a magnetic transmission device that allows use of ScreenLine® cord operated blinds in the outer cavity in case of triple grazing units.
The options available are:
- SL2364 for 10-mm cavity
- SL2365 for 12-mm cavity
- SL2366 for 14-mm cavity
- SL2367 for 16-mm cavity
- SL2387 for 20-mm cavity
and from 1st September 2014
are manufactured and supplied incorporating the new warm edge spacer bar
as standard profile and without any price surcharge
The warm edge spacer bar, made of stainless steel co-extruded with polypropylene and designed in co-operation with Technoform Glass Insulation, is able to further enhance the benefits of ScreenLine® systems in terms of energy saving, whilst ensuring a perfect hermetic seal:
- it improves the thermal insulation of the profile due to its low thermal conductivity
- it ensures a low Psi value (halving heat transmission through the perimeter compared to a standard aluminium spacer bar)
- it allows a better Thermal transmittance value of the window, irrespective of the material used for the frame
The new range of ScreenLine® motorised systems using Pellini’s internal brushless motor has been launched on the market. These systems, called “MB”, replace “M” systems venetian, pleated and pleated black-out in 27 and 32-mm cavities and, from the end of January 2014, in 20 and 22 mm cavities. Some features of the new systems:
- new high performance gears
- corner key with integrated connectors
- accuracy of slat orientation and perfect blind synchronization
- low noise level
- larger feasibility charts for narrow blinds
- new software that may be updated from PC and connected for diagnostic purposes
- two control options: 2-wire (standard) or 3-wire (bidirectional control, with possibility of feedback on the blind position, sun tracking, etc.)
- Compatible with the current and previous various SL27-32M motorised versions (e.g. 7.02, 6.01, etc.)
- the brushless technology has allowed ScreenLine systems to pass over 60,000 full cycles in the endurance test at IFT Rosenheim.
For the time being, the Roller system will be available in the external motor version.
V95 is the new slat developed by Pellini SpA for ScreenLine® integrated venetian blinds. The product is the result of co-operation with major European research institutes on nanotechnology, which is aimed at developing a slat that might allow the application of integrated blinds on structural façades without any concern for glass overheating.
The slat is coated with an interference filter that is designed to reflect the most critical solar radiation; the coating also results in low emissivity slat, thus affecting the long wave infra-red radiation characteristics.
The benefits deriving from use of such product are the decrease in glass temperature and g value (lower than 10%) and the considerable reduction of Ug value compared to a standard DGU, as certified by a primary German independent institute.
The installation of about 400 ScreenLine blinds for the “Parallelo” building in Milan, has been completed.
The new external motor SL2190 can be readily and easily applied to all frontal magnetic transmission ScreenLine® systems, and can be retro-fitted to existing “C” systems. It allows venetian blinds to be raised/lowered or tilted and pleated or roller blinds to be raised or lowered.
It is small and extremely silent due to the use of direct drive technology without brushes and reducer.
It is equipped with an infra-red receiver (or radio when coupled with control unit SL1963) and can therefore be activated via remote radio control; the dedicated software also allows remote updating (management control). Centralized configuration of more than one blind, i.e. group control, is also feasible.
The external electrical accessories are the same as the ScreenLine® internal motorised “M” series (24V DC).
SL2190 also enables users to manufacture and operate large-size integral blinds with internal glass thickness measuring up to 13 mm in thickness.
• Applicable to all “C” systems
• Can be retro-fitted
• Small size
• Extremely silent
• Remote radio control facility
• Remote management of software
• Compatible with same accessories as “M” systems’
• Wide feasibility range
• Centralised configuration of several blinds
The new ONE-POLE MAGNETIC CONTACTS (code SL2187) are now available for ScreenLine® internal and external motorised blinds.
Each magnetic contact features a connection for one wire only (one-pole contact): therefore in order to operate the blind, 2 contacts will be necessary, which can be placed in the most suitable area of the frame profiles at your discretion.
Having only one fixed wire per contact avoids the risk of damage to the wire; in the previous version, some problems arose from the continuous stress related to wire movement. The possible problem of short-circuit is avoided, as the plastic parts, located away from each other, will never come into direct contact.
The part of the one-pole contact that is installed on the opening section of the window frame is the one equipped with a piston, which is attracted to the magnetic field that is generated with the other part, which is located on the window frame surround. The wide diameter (13 mm) of the fixed magnet, by having a greater contact area, ensures good electrical contact and, consequently, power to the blind motor, even if the window sections are not perfectly aligned. Fig. 1
Fitting is simple and quick, even when the window has already been mounted, and can be carried out by drilling a 12-mm hole for location of the contact and wiring. A 2.5-mm self-tapping screw is used for fixing purposes. Fig. 2
If you require replacement of the old version of electrical contacts (SL1169) with the new one-pole system (SL2187) for existing ScreenLine® blinds, the use of the special plates as suggested in Fig. 3 is recommended.
The new electrical contacts can be installed on all types of window frames and are particularly suited for lift & slide doors.
Serial connections of several contacts are not possible.